Hill's Science Diet Adult Optimal Care Original cat food provides precisely balanced nutrition to maintain vital organ health and lean muscles. It contains a precise balance of essential nutrients and clinically proven antioxidants to maintain superior overall health and a strong immune system. It also has added taurine to help maintain heart health and controlled phosphorus to maintain kidney health.
Adult cats 1 - 6 years of age
Chicken, Whole Grain Wheat, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat, Chicken Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Brown Rice, Chicken Liver Flavor, Calcium Sulfate, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil, Soybean Oil, Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Oat Fiber, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene, Apples, Broccoli, Carrots, Cranberries, Green Peas.
Crude protein...min 31%
Crude fat...min 19%
Crude fiber...max 3.5%
Vitamin E min 500 IU/kg
Ascorbic acid min 85/kg
Omega 6 fattya acids min 2.5%
These amounts are a starting point only. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- When using with canned food, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- We recommend that you take your pet to the veterinarian at least twice a year for regular health check-ups.
- Your pet's nutritional needs change with each lifestage. Continue to give her the same precise and balanced nutrition by transitioning your cat to one of the Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult pet foods once she reaches 7 years of age.
- Science Diet is available in a wide variety of dry foods for your cat's unique needs. Canned cat food is also available from Science Diet in a variety of delicious textures and flavors that your cat will love.
To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Cat : Amount per Day
5.0 lb (2.3 kg) :1/4 cup (30 g) - 1/3 cup (40 g)
10.0 lb (4.5 kg) :3/8 cup (45 g) - 5/8 cup (80 g)
15.0 lb (6.8 kg) :5/8 cup (80 g) - 3/4 cup (95 g)