Choosing Sunday Pets Raw Chow is choosing to live a healthier life for your pets. Our raw food was born based on the philosophy that dogs are not designed to eat the same type of diet as humans. Though dogs are not “pure carnivores” like feline, they still consume a mostly raw protein-dominated diet in the wild given by nature. Dogs in the wild do not consume a large amount of carbohydrates.
- Raw, grain free, rich in protein, low in carbohydrates is said to more closely mimic this natural diet.
- Our special slow 24-hour at less than (minus) -50°C freeze-drying process creates a light, crisp texture that appeals to dogs, and it preserves the aroma, flavor, and nutrition of fresh food
- Freshness-processed at the place that it lands!use the gentlest methods of cooking, such as freeze-drying to make our food fresh but in a convenient pack. Freeze-drying takes the water out of food very slowly over a 24-hour period at below (minus) -50°C which keeps the food full of all the nutrients, leaving a completely shelf stable food ready to eat.
Fresh Beef (min 89%) including meat, bone, blood, liver, kidney, heart, vegetables (min 9%) including carrot, squash, sweet potato, celery, Fruits (min 0.2%) including apple, blueberry, egg (min 0.1%), Manuka honey (min 0.07%), Green lipped mussel ( min 0.07%), Kelp (min 0.07%), Flaxseed (min 0.07%), Fennel (min 0.04%).
Vitamins- Vitamin A 15 kIU/kg, Vitamin D3 2 kIU/kg, Vitamin E 400 IU/kg, Vitamin B1 0.9 mg/kg, vitamin B12 0.5 mg/kg, Thiamine (Vitamin B1) 50mg/kg, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 45 mg/kg, Niacin 450 mg/kg, Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) 50 mg/kg, Pyridoxine HCL (Vitamin B6) 38 mg/kg, Biotin 1 mg/kg, Folic Acid 5.2mg/kg, choline 2700 mg/kg, Ascorbic Acid 55 mg/kg
Minerals: Magnesium 0.1%, Manganese 27 mg/kg, cobalt 0.47 mg/kg, Selenium 0.9 mg/kg, iron 240 mg/kg, Zinc 200 mg/kg, Copper 26 mg/kg, Iodine 1.8 mg/kg
Crude protein......... min 33%
Crude fat.............min 45%
Crude fiber...........max 3.2%
454 grams (1 lb)
Switching to Sunday Pets Raw Chow™: It takes a few days for the body to adapt to a new food, mix increasing amounts of Raw Chow™ with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period. If your pet is already consuming a varied, raw or home cooked diet, our foods can be introduced more quickly, over one or two meals.
Recommended Feeding Portion:
Your companion is a unique individual and his feeding requirements will vary with his breed, environment, age and activities level. The below figure is based on feeding 2% of body weight per day as recommended for all raw feeding. Please use the information below as an initial guide recommendation only and adjust as needed, for examples puppies may require up to 9% per day and overweight or senior dogs may require less then 2% per day. We suggest monitoring his weight and adjusting his rations as needed. We also recommend feeding him twice daily and that you remember to always keep fresh clean water available to your beloved companion.
1-5 kg(2-12 lbs)
Preparation: Add 1 part of Raw Chow™ with 2 part of warm water. Add less water if a thicker consistency is desired, and stir well before serving. You need not wait for all the water to be absorbed. Once hydrated, consume within 30 minutes. Alternatively you can feed Raw Chow™ dry without hydration.
Adding Extras: Raw Chow™ is a complete diet, which can be fed as stand-alone diets. However, additional meat, greens or fruits can be added if you wish. If you do wish to add your own ingredients, we suggest you can feed slightly less Raw Chow™ to compensate, or simply add the extras to the normal serving for his or her weight.
Safe Handling Instructions:
- Keep raw meat separate from other foods
- Wash working surfaces, utensils and hands with hot soapy water after each feeding.
- Treat as you would any raw meat product.
- Hydrated Raw Chow™ should be kept refrigerated in airtight container and used within 2-3 days.